Thursday, May 12, 2011

Edgy Flakes

I was in a green mood this morning. Spring is springing, everything is happy and shiny and new. The perfect time to paint my nails green with sparkle.

This is Essie's Pretty Edgy, a beautiful green creme, which you can see pretty well on the left side of the nails up there. I needed two coats to get coverage, and it probably could have used a third, but I was feeling lazy and knew I was putting flakies on top anyways.
On top is Nfu oh's Victorian 039 (NL-39). I really like this color, and I may be biased since it's my first flakie, but it's just a gorgeous conbinations of blue and green. It makes me think of mermaid tails or Rainbow Fish's scales from that children's book (in the end he shared them with everyone, yay!).

As with any flakie, it looks rough on the nail in close-up, but it's just a trick of the camera. The actual polish is pretty smooth (good considering I put on a whopper of a top coat that took forever to dry).

I love this polish combo in the sunlight. I think the pretty edgy blends well with the flakes, and I keep squeeing about the shinyness.

In the shade, it's still pretty green. I tried to find something in the garden that would match the greenness of Pretty Edgy, but to no avail. It's pretty much a fake astro-turf green that's wholly unnatural, but it's gorgeous anyways. Green with definitely blue undertones, but nowhere near teal.

Still sparkly, but not nearly as heart-wrenchingly gorgeous. I'm going to have to find a job where I sit outside and stare at my nails all day. Yeah. Where do I apply for that?
***UPDATE: I'm pretty sure the Pretty Edgy is the color of a John Deere tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment