Friday, May 20, 2011

Shattering the Caribbean

I got the chance to check out the new OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection today, and I wasn't really sure what to think. I like the colors. They're fine. But I feel like this is a winter collection. It seems like they're grey-toned pastels, which doesn't fit with the fun colors I want for summer. And they're a little strange, to be honest. I have nothing against the collection, but it's just not my style. I did pick up Silver Shatter and Skull & Glossbones, which is a creme grey, and I think it'll be nice this fall or winter. I'm glad they included the Silver Shatter with this because it's going to dress up the washed-out shades for some summertime fun.


This is Skull & Glossbones 2 thick coats. I should have taken a picture before I put on the Shatter, but I forgot. I coat Silver Shatter, I'll say I put it on thick because I think my normal coat is a normal person's thick coat.


This is a close-up of my index finger in sunlight. You can see the nice grey below the shatter. It has a slight blue tinge to it, and absolutely no shimmer. This also shows the shatter effect pretty well. It shattered perfectly, and a little easier than my first attempt at Black Shatter. I think it would be better over a darker shade so you can really see the silver. I'm a little concerned about the silver being translucent, so I guess we'll see when I get the chance to try it.


The two colors blend together a little bit, so if you're not looking closely it kind of looks like I'm just wearing a really lumpy coat of silver.


But I LOVE this close-up. It's a gorgeous contrast and I'm a sucker for silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment