Thursday, June 16, 2011

Calypso Blue

Sally Hansen Calypso Blue today. I felt like I needed some bright blue for summer weather we've been having here. I like this color - it's a blue-green shimmer, and it's teal enough to not be a crazy neon, but colorful enough to be fun. I added a coat of Butter London Henley Regatta on my ring fingers for an extra zing. I think this color would be better on my toes, but the extra glitter makes it work. Glitter always makes things better. Well, except for removal. I really hate removing glitter polish. I feel like I'm sanding down my nail. So I've been looking for good, shiny alternatives and this is one option. It gives you shiny without the extra removal hassle. And It's already lasted 2 days with minimal tip wear, which is nice.



close up


close-up of 3 coats Calypso Blue with 1 coat Henley Regatta glitter

This polish was a breeze to apply. A friend pointed out that these are Sally Hansen "Complete Salon Manicure" polishes, so you shouldn't need a base coat or top coat. So I tried out the no-base coat this time, and I guess we'll see if I needed it in removal if my nails are stained blue (update: we have stainage. It's not terrible, but definitely use a base coat). I did add a coat of top coat of Essie Good to Go because it's habit, so we'll never know, but it's wearing pretty well for not having a base coat. This is 3 coats of polish, and it was pretty opaque. It could have been a 2-coater, but you could still see a little of the nail line, so I went for 3. Overall, I like this. This color is so out there, I can't quite understand why it doesn't wow more on the nail. It's almost like it doesn't have enough to contrast with on the tips of the fingers. I dunno. But it'll be great for summer.

One more pic, shown in the shade

No comments:

Post a Comment