Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chic-ly Brown

Sally Hansen Commander in Chic today. So I'm on the fence about this color. I can't quite put my finger on why. When I first bought it, I was under the impression that it was purple-toned, but as you can see, it is pretty much a grey-brown. It does look purple against a maroon, but other than that it's just a faded brown.



I don't really DISLIKE it, but it's just not fully there. Maybe I'll feel different in the fall and it'll be a nice smoky brown, but right now it reminds me of chocolate you forgot about which turns white-brown when you find it a year later. Or maybe an Aspen tree on the brown parts. Maybe it needs a grey crackle coat. Either way, this color just didn't do it for me.
Application wise, this is 3 coats. Easy application, but I must have put my thumbnail on too thickly, because it still smeared hours after painting! The rest of the nails were fine, just that one thumbnail. Anyways, I do love the ease of application and removal of these Sally Hansen colors, I just wish this color was a little more....something.

No comments:

Post a Comment