Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gold Metallic

So I bought this polish because I heard something about Born Pretty glitters, and I saw they had free shipping, so I grabbed the Gold B38 (B#38 on their website) and about 3 weeks later, here it is! I'm fine with the wait time since shipping was free, also according to the packaging it came from Singapore, so that's not too bad.
My concern with this is I'm not sure what to call it. Apparently the number is B38, and I bought it from Born Pretty, but the bottle says "BO Nail Lacquer", which in the US basically means "smelly". So that's a little strange. Also, instead of a sticker saying "Gold B38" or something like that, it has a sticker that reads "Original Nail Envy" with OPI contact info on it. Which is clearly not true, and a little worrisome. Well, it was a $3 polish, free shipping across the world, and it's pretty, so I guess I'll ignore that somewhere in Singapore someone apparently has a stockpile of OPI Nail Envy stickers.
Moving on. The polish itself is very dainty. It's a gold metallic with silver undertones and a light sprinkling of gold glitter. It's a thin polish, and shown below is 2 coats. it went on smoothly, and has a surprisingly good brush for being a semi-cheap polish. You can still see the nail line, but that's the look I was going for. It's one of those polishes that looks opaque straight on and is translucent from the side or in indirect light.

This is 2 coats. It's pretty translucent in direct sunlight


In the shade, it's more opaque and you can see that it's gold


Just a little bit of shine on the tips


Close up of thumb


Close up of pinkie to show the individual glitter in the polish

It's definitely a different polish, and it manages to be gold without being overwhelming. I think it's a nice light polish when you want something sparkly but not too in-your-face brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment