Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sparkly Regatta Love

SO I fell in LOVE with Butter London's Henley Regatta. It just looked perfect and gorgeous and everything I ever wanted from a teal polish. And it did not disappoint. I couldn't stop staring at this bottle, and it jumped to the front of my "to wear" group immediately. In some pictures this looked like it was a teal foil, but it's definitely a glitter. It's teal and blue and green in a clear background, but it all blends together to form a gorgeous green-blue color that just pops off your fingers. I couldn't stop staring at my nails all day. It took 4 coats to achieve opacity, but I'm going to try it overtop of black or blue next time and I think it'll add a little zing with only a coat or two.


side view in the sunlight - it's so sparkly!!!


side view in the shade - still so gorgeous.


close up


close-up blurred for maximum glitterage


This was my first Butter London polish, and the brush and bottle shape were fine. As for application, is was a little tricky because it's glitter, but no more than you would expect. It was relatively easy to get glitter in all the nooks and crannies, but it was a little tricky to get it over the tips. In the end, it was a little lumpy, which is why this is shown with two coats of Essie Good To Go to even it out. Which worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment