Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fizzly Watermelon

So, I kept seeing pictures of Revlon Watermelon Fizz online, and to be honest, I liked it, but wasn't wowed. What DID make me want it was the reviews that it had a nice subtle watermelon smell. That, I decided, I HAD to try. Whenever companies try scented products, it usually bombs, and most nail polishes smell bad enough without fake fruit scents, it just seems unlikely that it could smell good. Surprise, surprise! I actually like it. And what's more, I like the jelly-red-sparkle color too. This is 3 coats of Watermelon Fizz. I put a coat of A-England Merlin below the ring finger because I thought it would add sparkle, but you can see it didn't show up by the 3rd coat.





As you can see, it's a super-shiny, pink-toned red, with shimmer particles mixed in. What's interesting is that you don't have a traditional shimmery glitter in the polish. It's more like pieces with a little bit of shine. So like watermelon juice - a little bit of juicy particulate mixed in. But definitely more red than pink. And I do like the smell. It's subtle without being overly artificial. It reminds me, strangely enough, of one of those slightly-scented nail polish removers (It DID still smell kinda like nail polish at the end of the day - just good smelling nail polish). I wanted to try out my new Essie Matte About You (Trade Secret is having close-out prices, so I grabbed it for $2!)so...I matte-fied it!




I can't decide which way I like better, but they're both fun. I like the novelty of the watermelon smell, but I'm not certain I would have bought the color without that extra selling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment