Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Glitter is made to be shared

Today, I have a mani I did for a friend. She said she wanted fireworks on her fingers, so I gave her Ulta Piñata-yada-yada (henceforth PYY, because that is a freakin long name to spell) over OPI Oh So Glam!. I've used Oh So Glam! as a base before, and I like it for that. It's a nice shimmery yellow-toned creme, and it reflects some gold as well. PYY is gorgeous. I need to do a comparison with Milani Gems - they're not dupes, but they are similar.
Anyways - here are photos of my beautiful hand model:

I think this is 2 coats of OSG, and one deliberately and liberally applied coat of PYY





close up: so many colors!

I love how this turned out. We did this for 4th of July, and originally I was just going to do an accent nail, but the all-over glitter looks great. It stayed on for about four days, too! (Her nail polish lasts so much longer than mine *pout*). I am definitely going to copy this.

4 comments:

  1. Turned out really pretty. I might have to copy this too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome design. Looking great. When will be your next post?
    Looking forward for your reply.

    Martha
    glitter toes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I have a few more up, over at the home page: http://queenofthenail.blogspot.com

    Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete