Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Copper House

Time for a comparison!!! I honestly have so many comparisons between colors that I have been itching to do, but I never get around to it somehow. Thankfully, I got in a swatching session last weekend when there was plenty of sun, and I managed to snap some pictures of a copper comparison. I bought Deborah Lippmann Brick House a couple months back at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and I wore it once, but didn't get any pictures. I was in my local dollar-friendly cheap-o store, and spotted a color called Copper by LA Colors that looked a lot like the Lippmann, so I grabbed it for comparison purposes. Pictures below, BH is on my middle and pinky, Copper on my index and ring:
Brick House:middle and pinky, Copper: index and ring
Brick House:middle and pinky, Copper: index and ring
You can see that they're pretty close. Copper is a tad darker, and has more glitter. Brick House seems to lean pink.
close up
You can really see how Copper is different here. It has a glitter/foil quality to it, whereas Brick House is a simple and clean polish. I'm not certain how to describe it other than shiny, since it's not really a foil. Here are a couple more pictures in the shade:
You can see how Copper (on the top) has more texture to it than Brick House. It also glows more.
Brick House
Copper
So you can see on the full hand shot that from far away, it's hard to tell these two apart. This is 2 coats of each and thought they're not dupes, but they're pretty close. If you're going for the copper-colored polish for fall, it's pretty hard with Copper ($1) so much cheaper than Brick House ($16). Brick House has a smooth, even quality that Copper doesn't match, and it seems to show better in low/natural light. So for smooth, nice nails, spring for Brick House. But if you're on a budget, Copper will get you the look for less.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the swatch comparison. Looks like 2 great polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I LOVE copper for the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the Dupe Comparison..I rarely wear Nail Polish, because I hate to have my fingers useless while I wait for nails to dry...but I love the color/art/beauty of Nail Polish..I love the DL Brick House,, but a buck is better than 14..more money for me!!

    Thank you for the lovely blog...!!!

    ReplyDelete