Monday, September 12, 2011

Luring Sailors Since....last week?

I stopped by my local dollar tree or family dollar or one of those places recently, and picked up a couple of the LA Colors. I'd never used this formula before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but one of them looked like a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Brick House (more on that another day), so I grabbed that and this one, Sea Siren, to check out the formula. I can't testify to wear times, since I only swatched them, but the formula was fantastic. These pictures are three coats, no top coat, and there's a lot of gorgeous for only $1.
I thought the bright pool background would work well with the Siren theme. I really like the shimmer in this polish. It's a great teal, perfect for summer, if I'd only found it a little earlier in the season. But I think it'll be great, maybe underneath silver shatter for a winter mani.
can you tell I forgot to paint my thumb.....:-/
In summary, I can only restate my surprise at the even formula on this polish. It did need three coats, but if I remember correctly, they dried pretty quickly. Usually the problem with cheap polishes is the application or a cheap brush, but I had no trouble with this one. I don't even think I did clean-up for this, and it turned out even and pretty clean. The smell was definitely more toxic than with the 3-free polishes I mostly use, but for the pricetag and quality it's worth it. I'll definitely be searching my dollar stores for more great LA Colors. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment