Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Newt-y Goodness

I finally bit the $14 bullet and bought myself a Glitter Gal holo a few weeks ago. I ordered Lizard Belly from Llarowe (which I just found out sells A-England for cheaper than the price in pounds - score!). Shipping was very reasonably priced and it shipped and arrived very quickly. Oh, screw it, just get to the pictures already!

A million pics. To express how happy this polish makes me in the sunlight. In the shade you can clearly see the green, and my 5-year-old niece (who dislikes black nail polish) could even tell that it was a subtle green. It's apparently like "Charleston Green" - which describes shutters on the windows in Charleston, SC that look black from a distance, but are green close-up.


So I'd heard that the Glitter Gal Bottles were small, but I must have not been listening, because it was a shock when a mini doll-sized bottle came out of all the packaging. It's a little over half of what normally comes in a bottle, and the design doesn't hide anything. It's very miniature. Here's a comparison with an OPI:
So...small. But it's beautiful. And I'm glad they don't sell it for $28 for a full-sized bottle, because then I'm pretty doubtful it would have worked its way into my collection.


I LOVE this color. It's a great holo, and I keep getting compliments on the color. It also makes me happy because it reminds me of sunny places where those little iridescent-skinned newts or salamanders would crawl all over the walls. In summation, because it's hard to capture the sparkle, and I'm loca, here's a video of the shimmer. Even this doesn't quite capture it, since it's more like what you see in the bottle, but it give you a feeling for the color.
video


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have selected your name suggestion for my franken naming competition but just realised I don't have an email addy for you - just shoot me an email from my blog :o)

    LOVE Lizard Belly too BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog you have! Take a look at mine, because besides fashionable news i have an amazing Give-Away.

    I’m giving away 10 sets of 6 trendy, limited edition nail polish colours!

    http://blend-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete