Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hidden in Plain Sight

Sorry for the post lackage. I moved, yay! Orientation for school was the other day, and we had an outdoor team-building activity, so I decided to do camouflage nails! It was surprisingly easy to do, and I recommend it to anyone interested in nail art, but not necessarily skillful with a tiny paintbrush (ahem, me, ahem). Anyways. I started with 2 coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge, and then layered on Illamasqua Hectic, Finger Paints Scenery Greenery, and Essie Mink Muffs. Basically, start with a nude, and add shades of green and brown. I just used the brushes with the bottles, and it turned out really interesting.
doesn't it look camo-y?



look at the pinky, blending right in!


close-up of thumb

This was a really easy, fun nail art. I think I'm going to try it with pink next time, or maybe blue. It's definitely a winner. Yay

4 comments: